What is Strava? How to install and use Strava?
If you have not used Strava before, take a look at How to use Strava mobile app
Why you should connect Strava to JustRace?
Connecting your Strava account to JustRace (JR) account allows data to be automatically synchronized from Strava to JustRace without manual submission.
In other words, after you register for an online race on JustRace and connect Strava to JustRace, you can open Strava mobile app (or smartwatch connected to Strava), put the phone in your pocket and enjoy your run/walk.
The result will be automatically updated into your JustRace account along with statistics to see how many % of the registered distance you have completed.
Steps to connect Strava to JustRace
Step 1: Choose “Sync activity”
- Sign in JustRace (If you do not have a JustRace account, read guideline here).
- Tap “Activities” on the bottom menu.
- Tap “Sync activity”. Before synchronization, Strava logo is in grey.
Step 2: Authorize
- The website will direct you to Strava log in page.
- Make sure that you log in the right account you are using to record activities.
- Then tap “Authorize” to allow JustRace connection to Strava.
NOTICE: You must tick “View data about your activities” box to make sure JustRace will sufficiently record your activities from Strava, except private activities (those set as “Only You”). If you want JustRace to also record your private activities, just tick the last box.
Meaning of permission options:
- View data about your public profile: JustRace is allowed to access your Strava account and public information.
- View data about your activities: JustRace is allowed to access your activities, except those with privacy setting as “Only You”.
- View data about your private activities: JustRace is allowed to access all of your activities, including those with privacy setting as “Only You”.
Step 3: Finish connection
After successful connection, Strava logo will turn orange.
How to check Strava synchronization
After connecting Strava and running/walking, you will see your activity updated in “My activities”. If you are joining an event on JustRace, that activity will also appear in “Activity completion”.
Learn more: Track your activities on JustRace
- The activities will be synced into JR within maximum 30 minutes from the time you save them on Strava.
- Only runs/walks performed after Strava connection and successful payment (if you join an event) can be synced into JR. If you wish to use runs/walks before payment time (but within Organizer’s allowed time), please follow manual submission guideline HERE.
- You can use 1 run/walk to submit to 2 or more events, as long as those events happen at the same period of time. With Strava connection, JR will automatically sync your results to those events.
- You cannot delete or edit runs/walks synced from Strava on JR. If you wish to do so, please do it in your Strava account.
Contact us if you have any question: